It is a pleasure sharing a few words about my son in his own words.
As a person
I am emotionally mature, organized, and able to compromise. I communicate well, and empathize with othersâ€™ feelings.I believe that being honest with myself and with the people around me encompasses every other possible value I can think of: integrity, determination, love, excellence and everything else. I became vegetarian a year back but Iâ€™m OK with others pursuing their dietary choice.
I know who I am and what I am happy with.
On Education & Career:
Completed engineering in College of Engineering Guindy, Chennai, India and MBA from USA. Currently working in Managerial position in one of the Top 5 Fortune 500 companies.I do not believe in the lifelong pursuit of a single career. I will hold on to a role till I know that I am learning as well as creating impact. I aim to retire from my day job by the time I am 45 after which I either plan to go into medicine or PhD.
I believe money should work for you and not the other way around. I am careful about what I spend the money on but I spend when I believe I get utility and not for status and admiration from others.
Travel, family and food are things I enjoy spending money on.
Take every attempt to celebrate little things in life - a good week, recognition, enjoying music, cooking or even cleaning together. Those once in a year birthdays, valentineâ€™s days, new year's days are important but in my opinion, the everyday little things help us truly appreciate life.
- What I look for in a partner is just that - being to wake up with a smile and go to sleep with a smile despite the thousand problems we may face through our lives within the home or work or elsewhere.
- Romance from long walks, travel, cooking, binge watching TV, celebrating festivals, taking care of family, dancing etc.
Still not completely articulated on this front. If you and I are meant to be together, we shall discuss and see where it goes.
On family background
My parents are NRI. My father is post graduate in Engineering and my mother is a Ph.D. They have enough wealth to financially to take care of them and other family members. My parents are looking for brides preferably with USA Masterâ€™s degree, from resident or non-resident Indian families with similar education and financial background.
On Religion and Politics:
- Spiritual but not religious. I search for what works for me in the current context through empirical observations and research and I continue to change my world view with every new data point.
- I meditate every day.
- Tolerant as long as views are not discriminatory to others.
- Closest I would associate myself with is right-libertarian - free markets (except - public schools, standardized healthcare for the less fortunate, legal, defense and security) and freedom of choice and individual judgement
- Travel, Outdoors.
- Blogs and Podcasts
On Life Goals:
- Individual: Leading a life in pursuit of realization, truth and compassion.
- Family: Love, patience, and support by providing them independence to pursue their dreams and learn from their experiences.
- Partner: Learning from and being honest with one another. Never taking each other for granted.
- Society: Contributing directly or indirectly in improving society.
On my life partner
- Ability to apologize and own up for mistakes.
- Ability forgive others for their shortcomings and missteps.
- Curiosity to learn new things
Contact my father only if you think
- You, me and families from both sides have synergy and can complement each other.